The Hive also provides access to the following research databases on a walk-in basis. This means that they are available to all library members within the building itself, but not at home or in other County libraries. University members, please remember to log in to the student or staff pages as normal to access the full range available.
These research databases provide access to millions of journal and newspaper articles, conference papers, original documents and more. If you require help using any of them, please contact a member of staff in the Hive, who will be happy to demonstrate the best methods for searching these valuable resources. Each database has its own specialism, and staff can advise on the best resource for your needs.
Please note that the resources with an asterisk (*) are available for personal educational use only. Any copying may only be done under the Copyright Law, which limits people to copying one article from an issue of a periodical and 5% or one chapter of a book.
- Academic Search Complete *
- Access to Research
- ACLS (American Council of Learned Societies) Humanities E-Book Collection *
- ACM Digital Library
- Ancestry.com - Library Edition
- biab online: the british & irish archaeological bibliography
- BMJ Journals
- British Periodicals Online *
- Business Source Complete *
- Cambridge University Press Journals
- Cambridge Companions to Literature and the Classics
- CINAHL Complete
- COBRA (available on the ‘Business Research Databases’ in The Hive Business Centre on level 2. Login to the PC as normal and then select the COBRA icon. Access provided courtesy of The Hive partnership with Worcestershire County Council.)
- Dictionary of National Biography - Please log in using your library number and type WOR before typing in your library number.
- Drama online
- Early Modern Books
- Gale Primary Sources: British newspapers
- Google Scholar *
- House of Commons Parliamentary Papers - 18th, 19th and 20th Century *
- Internet Archaeology Archive *
- JSTOR *
- Jane Austen's Manuscripts *
- Oxford English Dictionary - Please log in using your library number and type WOR before typing in your library number.
- Oxford Handbooks in Archaeology
- Oxford Reference Online - Premium Collection
- Oxford University Press Journals
- Project Gutenberg
- Project Muse: Humanities
- ProQuest Archives
- PsycARTICLES *
- Science Direct Open Access Journals
- Science Direct Journals
- SAGE Premier
- Social Care Online
- SPORTDiscus with full text
- Taylor & Francis Full Collection
- Times Digital Archive
- Victorian Plays Project *
For more information on our research databases please download our Research database PDF.